Membership & Audience Engagement Manager
The nonprofit Rivard Report is seeking a Membership, Audience Engagement & Events Coordinator to join our business team. This position will be primarily responsible for maintaining and growing the Rivard Report’s membership program, including individuals and businesses; taking a lead role in the planning and programming for public policy events, member coffees, member happy hours, and other business and audience development initiatives. Duties will include, but are not limited to: managing a Salesforce membership platform; maintaining membership benefits, retention and growth; prospecting new members, and planning and executing events throughout the year. This position will support the Editor & Publisher, Chief Operating Officer and Advertising & Marketing Director, and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The salary range is commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package is included. The Rivard Report is an equal opportunity employer.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have experience with Salesforce, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud). We are looking for candidates who have experience with analytics and audience engagement, and the ability to utilize that data for reader and membership growth.
The ideal candidate is both outgoing, a people person, and analytical and capable of demonstrating strong personal time management and organizational skills and fluency around an array of programs and software apps. The ideal candidate must be collaborative, a team builder, and share the Rivard Report’s mission, vision, and values.
Finally, a strong candidate will be well-read and versed in the pressing issues of the day and will be very familiar with the Rivard Report site, our content, and the vital role we play in San Antonio, informing and connecting engaged citizens.
- Update and maintain the Rivard Report’s membership database and produce weekly and monthly membership reports for the Chief Operating Officer.
- Develop and send membership appeals through email, social media, mail, etc.
- Generate member prospect leads through a variety of sources including the internet, databases, periodicals, and inbound inquires.
- Work to maintain and update membership packets, prospect research, membership benefits, and recruitment and retention collateral materials.
- Develop creative ways to recognize, support, and benefit members and donors.
- Provide ongoing quality customer service support for Rivard Report members and donors
- Assist with member and community engagement events including assisting with planning and coordination, invitations, registration set-up, running membership table, curating follow-up lists, and following up with newsletter subscriber and member prospects.
- Track and maintain member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets and use tracking information to determine potential leads and members prime for larger asks.
- Work with the other members of the business team to identify and create opportunities for cross channel promotion events with other San Antonio based organizations.
- Assist Rivard Report leadership with general administrative tasks as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A 4-year degree is required
- Experience with analytics and audience engagement strongly preferred
- Experience with membership, community outreach, or community journalism organizations preferred
- Previous database and/or CRM experience highly preferred
- Research and data collection skills
- Strong proficiency in using all major social media platforms
- Self-motivated, energetic learner
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative team environment
- Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software including, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is a plus
- Willingness to experiment with new approaches and flexible in implementing others’ ideas
How to Apply
Please send your resume, three professional references and cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to:
The Rivard Report
Subject Line: Membership & Audience Engagement Manager