This list is updated daily.
San Antonio’s restaurants, coffee shops, clubs, and bars are facing the coronavirus challenge with quick pivots in their business models. After Gov. Greg Abbott’s “Open Texas” orders, some are beginning to reopen their dining rooms at limited capacity, with safety protocols and social distancing in place.
Many have continued to offer online ordering, curbside pickup, and delivery services.
Below is a list of some of the locally owned restaurants and bars offering food and beverage service, followed by a list of restaurants offering grocery services, and coffee venues. Use the links or social media to order.
Dining Rooms / Patios Open
- The 50’s themed 410 Diner has reopened its dining room, and continues curbside service.
- Alamo Cafe recommends checking in online for dine-in service at its two locations, and continues online ordering and curbside pickup.
- Bakery Lorraine has opened its patio dining areas, and continues curbside, takeout, and delivery service.
- Barbaro is now serving on its outdoor seating area, with advance reservations required.
- Battalion opens May 19 for reservation-only indoor seating, and patio seating. Family-style meals are also offered for takeout or curbside pickup.
- Big’z Burger Joint has reopened its two locations, with curbside service also continuing.
- Bistr09 is open for dine-in service seven days a week.
- Boiler House Texas Grill & Wine Garden is open.
- Burnwood 68 offers dining on its large patio.
- Candlelight Coffeehouse, Wine Bar & Cafe is open for dine-in service, including on its spacious patio.
- Cerroni’s Purple Garlic has reopened its two locations.
- Chas Market & Kitchen is open for dine-in service, with limited hours and free delivery within 3 miles.
- Chela’s Tacos on Broadway is now open for dine-in service.
- The Cherrity Bar has opened its outdoor dining area for a limited number of diners and requires reservations, however it stresses its online ordering, curbside pickup and delivery service.
- Deco Pizzeria has re-opened its two locations, Med Center and Deco District.
- Earl Abel’s has opened its patio tables for sit-down dining.
- Both El Chapparal Mexican Restaurant locations are open, in Helotes and Loop 1604.
- Elsewhere Garden Bar and Kitchen is open.
- EVO Mexican Cuisine has reopened.
- Frederick’s Bistro is now open, with limited hours.
- Freetail Brewing has reopened its 1604 brewpub for dine-in service at limited capacity, while its S. Presa S. taproom remains open for curbside beer pickup.
- The Frutería is open with sidewalk seating available.
- Hot Joy restaurant private booths are open for dine-in service, with advance reservations required.
- Hotel Emma at the Pearl has opened two of its dining facilities: Larder is open for patio seating; and Supper is open for dine-in service.
- JUICEssential has opened its storefront to three customers at a time.
- Kimura Ramen is open for dine-in service.
- All Los Barrios Mexican Restaurant locations are open, with patio seating available.
- La Gloria‘s dining room and patio are open for service.
- La Tuna Icehouse is now open for outside seating.
- Lisa’s Mexican Restaurant on Bandera and Woodlawn is now open for dine-in and continuing curbside service and delivery.
- Little Death wine bar has opened its outdor patio area for wine, cheese, and snack service, in addition to continuing online ordering and delivery.
- The Little Red Barn steakhouse is open, and also continues its delivery and curbside pickup service.
- Los Barrios Mexican Restaurant is open for dine-in and patio dining, with curbside service continuing.
- Magnolia Pancake Haus has reopened its two locations.
- Max & Louie’s New York Diner is open with limited hours, and continues its takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery services.
- Nicha’s Comida Mexicana has reopened its Loop 410 location, while the south side location remains open for takeout and curbside pickup.
- Papouli’s Greek Grill locations are open, with curbside, take out, online orders and catering all continuing.
- Picnikins Cafe & Catering is now open for dine-in service at its Universtiy Heights location, with curbside and takeout only from its Blanco Rd. location.
- Playland now has bar and patio seating available.
- Restaurant Gwendolyn has reopened its dining room.
- Revolucion Coffee and Juice is open for patio seating, and continues its free delivery, takeout and curbside pick-up “for those needing healthy food options to help boost their immunity.”
- Sea Island Shrimp House has select locations open for dine-in service, including Ingram, I-10, and New Braunfels. Others are still open for curbside pickup.
- Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery has reopened its dining room, outdoor oyster bar. and patio seating area.
- All four Stone Werks Big Rock Grille locations are open.
- Sukeban Sushi in the Blue Star complex is open, with online menu and strict sanitization. Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Sushihana Japanese Restaurant is open with limited hours, reservations strongly recommended.
- Westside fixture Tacos Martinez has reopened its dining room, with safety precautions in place.
- The Well Restaurant has reopened its beer garden, dining room, and lounge, while curbside pick-up continues.
- Tiago’s Cabo Grille at the Rim is open, including its happy hour, both dine-in and “drive-through.” Order by phone at 210-881-2700.
- Tony G’s Soul Food has opened its dining room with safety precautions in place.
Curbside Pickup, Takeout, and Delivery
- Restaurant Gwendolyn, Kimura Ramen, and Il Forno Pizzeria provide takeout options.
- Künstler Brewing offers online ordering and pickup of its extensive beer and food menus.
- Cullum’s Attagirl has beer and food for takeout.
- NOLA’s Brunch and Beignets has delivery and curbside pickup options. NOLA also partnered with sister restaurant The Cookhouse to launch a meal kit service, complete with ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- Las Palapas‘s 13 locations are offering rollback specials for takeout and curbside pickup.
- Paesano’s Riverwalk restaurant is closed, but its Lincoln Heights and 1604 locations offer curbside pickup.
- Toro Kitchen and Bar offers family packages and a special elderly menu, featuring Spanish paella, tapas, and sangría.
- Dorçol Distilling and Brewing Company has started a “24-hour beer line” for text-messaged pickup orders of its canned beer, growlers, and spirits.
- Burleson Yard Beer Garden offers draft, bottled, and canned beer; burgers; sides; and non-alcoholic drinks for takeout.
- Gino’s Deli is open for curbside and takeout service.
- The Pearl has launched a website, Pearl on the Go, to streamline orders and curbside pickup for its restaurants. Among the offerings from various eateries are regular menu items, family meals, meals for two, and beer-to-go.
- Tenko Ramen
- Green offers call-in ordering for curbside pickup and delivery at 210-320-5865, as does Larder at the Hotel Emma at 210-448-8355.
- Supper at the Hotel Emma also offers phone-in ordering at 210-448-8352 for curbside pickup.
- Fletcher’s Hamburgers
- Bud’s Southern Rotisserie
- Farmer’s Market
- La Panaderia‘s downtown location is temporarily closed, but the Alamo Heights location is offering online ordering, curbside pickup and delivery, including a “support locals” basket of grocery staples.
- Esquire Tavern offers its full menu for curbside pickup and delivery within a 4-mile radius.
- Maverick Restaurant
offers curbside pickup for its menu and “Three-Course Heat-at-Home” meal kits.had to close its curbside meal pickup on April 4, but they are still offering wine. Email email@example.com.
- Sichuan House is offering only online ordering for curbside pickup or free delivery for orders of $50 or more and distances within 20 minutes of the restaurant.
- Pharm Table is offering online ordering and curbside pickup for regular menu items and bulk orders, and offers discounted meal plans.
- Earth Burger vegetarian burger stands in San Antonio and San Marcos offers drive-through and delivery service.
- Sancho’s Mexican Cantina y Cocina offers curbside pickup and delivery, including its special Quarantine Frozen Margarita Kits and party packs.
- Scratch Kitchen is offering takeout, curbside service, and delivery. Free delivery offere within five miles of the restaurant.
- Outlaw Kitchens features “OK Egg Cream Liquer” to go, along with a three-course prix fixe or a la carte menu, during limited hours Thursday through Saturday.
- The Jerk Shack remains open for takeout, with special “Extended Spring Break” family meals.
- The Good Kind offers a “healthy home meal delivery service,” and cold pressed juices, beer, wine and cocktail kits.
- Leon Valley Cafe is offering curbside pickup, with a temporary March menu.
- Cappy’s Restaurant is offering food and beverages for curbside pickup.
- Boss Bagel offers its San Antonio-style bagels, schmears, and sandwiches, as well as coffee and coffee beans, for takeout and curbside pickup.
- South Alamode Panini and Gelato offers curbside pickup and delivery through Favor.
- Sabor Cocinabar has a reduced menu for takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery, with beer, wine, and cocktails available.
- Godai Sushi offers its full menu at 25 percent off for takeout, curbside, and delivery within a seven-mile radius, with 50 percent off on beer, wine, and sake.
- Alamo Brewing has its beer, soda, and seltzer products available via curbside pickup.
- Little Italy offers family meals packages and pizza specials for takeout, curbside pickup, or delivery.
- The Dakota East Side Ice House offers a take out menu through online ordering, with various specials including the “Netflix Special” and “Sober Special,” as well as eggs, toilet paper, and chances to donate meals and supplies to families in need.
- Back Unturned Brewing Company offers an extensive menu including its craft beer selection of takeout and curbside pickup.
- Soluna Cocina Mexicana offer curbside pickup, including its famous chispas to go, by calling 210-930-8070.
- Both Green Vegetarian Cuisine locations are open for takeout, with vegan and kosher options.
- Broadway Daily Bread has call-in service for curbside pickup or takeout, with scratch made bread and bakery items at its Broadway location, 210-822-1621, and sandwiches and salads at its De Zevala location, 210-697-0020.
- Chris Madrid‘s and Paloma Blanca both offer online ordering with curbside pickup or free delivery to the 78209, 78212, and 78218 zip codes with minimum $20 order, for their full menus plus beer, wine, and select margaritas.
- Fat Tummy Empanadas offers its “artisan Argentinian style” empanadas for takeout orders, call 210-396-7288.
- Maria’s Cafe offers its home-made Mexican favorites to go for curbside pickup, by calling 210-227-7005.
- Intermittently, Lowcountry will sell beer, wine, and snacks for curbside pickup. Text 210-818-9448 to order.
- Good Time Charlie’s in Mahncke Park offers online ordering of its full menu, with cocktails, wine and beer, for takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery.
- The Friendly Spot Ice House is offering snacks, burgers, and canned beer or BYO growlers for takeout. Call 210-224-2337 to place an order.
- Blanco BBQ offers drive-through, takeout and curbside options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Call 210-251-2602.
- The Bread Box features family style meals for delivery or curbside pickup, through online ordering. The menu includes grocery staples, pies, and other treats including a Tiger King cookie.
- The recently-opened Kapej Gallery is keeping its café open, serving scratch baked goods, coffee, and specialty teas for takeout or curbside pickup.
- Tre Trattoria offers online ordering for curbside pickup, or call 210-805-0333.
- Two Bros BBQ Market offers curbside pickup or delivery, order online or call 210-496-0222.
- Jason Dady Catering has created home delivery meal plans. Order online or email the chef: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mr. Juicy continues to offer its burgers for curbside pickup. The menu is on display outside, or for preorders call 210-994-9838.
- The “Northside’s greatest patio” is now open at La Hacienda Scenic Loop for dine-in.
- Spice of Life Catering now offers curbside pickup, with changing daily menu selections.
- Page Barteau Catering has created a Gourmet Boxed Lunch Drive Thru, with a daily free recipe card giveaway.
- EZ’S Brick Oven & Grill two locations offer curbside pickup, takeout, and delivery through third party partners, with an option for gluten-free ancient grain bun.
- Meadow Neighborhood Eatery and Bar now has online ordering, curbside pickup, and free delivery within seven miles.
- Call ahead at 210-735-5757 to Caparelli’s on Main for curbside pickup.
Though in-house café service is shuttered, many coffee companies are offering pickup and delivery of beans. Use the below links or social media to order.
Our reporters are risking a lot to be on the streets chronicling this unprecedented crisis and its impact on our health care systems, local economy, and daily lives. We've been asking our readers to show support for this important public service by making a monthly donation or a one-time gift in whatever amount you can afford.
These donations are helping offset the loss of advertising revenue we normally rely on from local businesses. Can we count on you?
As the state of Texas reopens, our reporters are working tirelessly to distill recommended guidelines by local government and public health leaders so you may stay informed.
We've been asking our readers to show support for this essential public service. Your support helps offset the loss of advertising revenue we normally rely upon to sustain our work. Can we count on you?
Keep tabs on essential San Antonio news with our FREE daily newsletter
Note to hospitality workers with income loss due to closures: Culinaria is offering free meals daily, as well as an emergency relief fund, and has converted its annual Restaurant Week to an event promoting restaurants with online ordering capabilities.
Groceries and basic supplies
The following restaurants are selling grocery items:
- Cured is selling basics like eggs and toilet paper. Call 210-314-3929 to find out what they have available each day.
- Larder at Hotel Emma sells groceries at its market, which is open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mi Tierra opens its pop-up mercado at 10 a.m. until supplies are sold out. Stocked items, prices, and hours may vary, so check social media (Facebook and Instagram) for updates.
- Smoke BBQ Restaurant‘s daily pop-up market is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and sells meats, produce, dairy, and dry good products. Smoke is also open for takeout during the same hours.
- Hearthstone Bakery Cafe is selling groceries to people who call ahead and place specific orders. The cafe’s “Warehouse 2 Table” menu includes bacon, milk, eggs, and disposable gloves. Call 210-826-5668 to order. Pick up at either Hearthstone location. Find more details and the list of items the cafe offers here.
- Restaurant Gwendolyn continues selling an extensive selection of grocery items, including fresh produce and house-made pasta.
- Zedric’s offers grocery shopping in addition to its food menu, with free delivery for order of $50 or more.
- Big Lou’s Pizzeria is offering its food and drink items, plus a full-on bodega for groceries and supplies. Special care packages with free delivery for seniors, and discounts for “health care heroes, military, students, and teachers.
- In addition to its restaurant service, Gino’s Deli offers a selection of grocery staples including bread and eggs.
- Tenko Ramen offers not only a small selection of grocery items and take home ramen kits, but punny descriptions to make you laugh (or groan) while you browse.
- The Barn Door Restaurant offers curbside pickup, with family meal packages. A special produce market sends proceeds to employees.
- The Pearl Farmers Market will continue to operate with online ordering and curbside pickup.
As an additional resource, check Restaurant Grocer for an updated list of restaurants also offering grocery supplies.
Help us add to this list. If you are a locally owned restaurant or bar that has altered your normal dine-in service to online ordering, pickup, and/or delivery service due to the City’s Stay Home, Work Safe order, please let us know at email@example.com and we’ll include you in the list.
Disclosure: Espada Coffee is owned by Alex Rivard, son of Rivard Report Publisher and Editor Robert Rivard. The Pearl and La Familia Cortez Restaurants, owner of Mi Tierra, are Rivard Report business members. For a full list of supporters, click here.