Receive our most important stories in your inbox every day.
Motorists who regularly drive Interstate 10 in the area of Fair Oaks Ranch and the Dominion got some good news Friday.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) announced via social media that the eastbound entrance ramp between Ralph Fair Road and Boerne Stage Road and the westbound entrance ramp between Boerne Stage Road and Dominion Drive both opened Friday, two days ahead of schedule.
The ramp closures were part of an ongoing project involving various improvements along the I-10 corridor north of Loop 1604 and south of Boerne.
Here are a few construction sites and closures you should watch out for:
- One lane of McCullough Avenue downtown is scheduled for closure from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily through Tuesday from Alamo Street to Broadway so that a construction crew can conduct boring operations.
- The eastbound left frontage road of Loop 1604 between Redland and Bulverde roads will be closed for excavation, paving, re-striping and other activities from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Sunday until April 12. The same frontage road will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, Monday until April 11, for the same repairs.
- The northbound left main lane of 1604 from Kitty Hawk Road to Pat Booker Road will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday for barrier pinning work. The southbound left main lane of 1604 between Pat Booker and Kitty Hawk will be closed for the same improvements from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Monday until April.12.
- One main lane of 1604 in both directions between Bandera and Rogers Ranch roads will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Sunday until April 12, for bridge joint sealing work.
- The left westbound main lane of I-10 between Farm Road 1516 and Martinez Creek and between Woodlake Parkway and Rosillo Creek will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Sunday until April 12. This will permit workers to install portable barriers. The eastbound main lanes of the same stretch of I-10 will be closed for similar work from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Sunday until April 12.
- Northbound U.S. Highway 281 main lanes will be closed from the frontage road exit to the Sonterra Boulevard entrance ramp from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Monday until April 12, to permit the installation of steel girders.
- There will be eastbound 1604 main lane closures between Northwest Military Highway and Blanco Road from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday to allow work for the new Huebner/1604 turnaround bridge. Westbound 1604 main lanes between Blanco and Bitters roads will be closed at the same time Wednesday for the same project.
- The left frontage road lane of 1604 in both directions between Wiseman Boulevard and Military Drive will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily, Tuesday until April 13, for barrier work.
- CPS Energy plans to close the intersection of Castroville Road and South General McMullen Drive from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday through April 13.