A construction crew carrying out bond-funded improvements will close a section of De Zavala Road on three nights over the next two weeks to make room for water line work.
Weather permitting, the installation of San Antonio Water System (SAWS) lines crossing De Zavala will create the following detours:
- From 8 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday and from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday, traffic will be diverted through the Woods of Shavano subdivision along Indian Woods, Shavano Woods, and Parksite Woods.
- From 8 p.m. May 20 to 5 a.m. May 21, traffic will be diverted south of De Zavala along Indian Woods and Lockhill Selma Road.
A SAWS crew performed overnight work Thursday night on De Zavala between Rogers Parkway and Ridge Chase.
The $15.5 million road-widening project from Interstate 10 to Lockhill Selma is part of the 2017 voter-approved bond package and is designed to improve drainage and add curbs and sidewalks to the area for pedestrian safety. The entire De Zavala Road project is scheduled to be completed by February.
Here’s a look at some other notable road construction projects and closures happening in the San Antonio area:
- The westbound Ralph Fair Road exit at Interstate 10 is closed until Tuesday for lengthening and widening work.
- The northbound Loop 1604 entrance ramp at Farm Road 1976 will be closed for drainage work 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
- The eastbound 1604 frontage road from I-10 to Rogers Ranch Road will be closed 9 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Sunday through May 17 for milling and paving work.
- Alternating eastbound main lanes on U.S. Highway 90 between Hunt Lane and Loop 410 will be closed 8 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Sunday through May 17.
- Eastbound 1604 frontage road from the Stone Oak Parkway entrance to the U.S. 281 southbound frontage road will be closed so a work crew can install steel girders. The closure will take effect 9 p.m-5 a.m. nightly Sunday through May 17.
- The northbound main lanes of U.S. Highway 281 will be closed from the frontage road exit ramp to the Sonterra Boulevard entrance ramp to install pavement markings. The closure will be in effect 9 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Monday through May 17.
- All lanes on 1604 at Wiseman Boulevard will be closed 9 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Monday through May 18 to allow workers to paint beams under the bridge deck and to install clearance signs.
- Northwest Military Highway will have alternating lane closures in both directions at 1604 to allow for traffic signal work from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday.
- There will be alternating lane closures on Austin Highway from Montclair Avenue to Old Rittiman Road for center median work 9 a.m.-3 p.m. daily Monday through June 14.
- A CPS Energy contractor will be replacing transformers along Broadway in the Mahncke Park area. The northbound curb lane of Broadway between Pershing Avenue and Carnahan Street will be closed 11 p.m.-5 a.m. Tuesday and between Elmhurst and Queen Anne Court from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Check out Texas Department of San Antonio, San Antonio Transportation and Capital Improvements, and CPS Energy for more information on these and other scheduled street closures.